Sunday, August 9, 2009

More wood arrives.

More, and more each day! These posts are great. Some have a bit of dry rot, but will be able to save sections here and there. The work goes slow, but it's worth it. There are dozens of small dimension boards, like 3X3's, 2X4's, and 4X4's. I've got a magnetic metal detector to help find the nails, lots of work to come!
The road work has been progressing well. David has made quick work of the uneven trail we had been using, and now have a flat even roadway to the site. Soon will come leveling work on the pad.
Posted by Picasa

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. Iv'e seen better wood but I know that this is a special hand made wood that has been carved into almost perfect squares. As stated by my mother and another person. Who has been helping us transport the wood to our farm. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you.

    Im helping set up the whole thing. It's off and on with me working on the project though. I hope that we can start working on actually making the barn next other than moving more tree trunks.

    My dad said that we are going to make a stair case held up by ceder limbs. I didn't know if they where going to hold us up though. He and I talked about it and I think I understand now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice comment. "Better" is in the eye of the beholder. These posts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated before being published.