Sunday, August 2, 2009

Suzie Johnson's Barn Wood

These are some pictures of the wood from the old barn we are having torn down. There are eight 12X12 posts that are in good shape! I am so pumped about this project. I've been rethinking the basic plan of the barn, since we have made the switch to using the post and beam system. I am a decent self taught draftsmen, but I'm not interested in redrawing all the plans by hand, so I have been spending some time learning Google Sketchup. I had looked at the program some time ago, when it first came on-line. I didn't take to it very well, but now that they've ramped it up quite a bit, and I have a reason to take the time to learn it, and it is great! I suggest anyone who wants to draw look into Sketchup. I use a mac, and the combination is powerful! I'll need to post some example sketch-ups.



Posted by Picasa

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being published.